This half-day training course is an introduction to Google Analytics for people who have a business website, and who want to gain actionable insights into their website's performance.
The main focus of the course is help you extract meaningful information from your Google Analytics data that you can then use to improve your website and, more importantly, the results it generates for your business. We will also look at how Google Analytics works, and how to make sure it is set up correctly in your website.
This course is targeted at people who have little or no experience of using Google Analytics. A more advanced course is also available as a followup-up to this course.
Subjects we will cover include:
- What is Google Analytics?
- How does it work?
- How do I install it?
- Managing User Access
- Audience Insights
- How many people visit my website?
- What is my bounce rate, and does it matter?
- Where do my visitors live?
- Which devices are visitors using when they browse my website?
- Acquisition Analysis
- How do people find my website?
- How much traffic is Facebook/Instagram generating?
- Which are the main sources of traffic that generate conversions?
- Behaviour Analysis
- Which pages on my website are the most popular?
- Which are the most popular landing pages?
- Visitor flow - where do people go once they arrive?
- Conversion analysis
- How do I capture and measure conversions on my website?
- How long does it take someone to convert?
- Which traffic sources helped with converting visitors?
Additional topics that will be touched on include:
- Configuring Goals
- Capturing ecommerce conversion data in Google Analytics
- Tracking AdWords clicks and conversions
- Tracking Social clicks and conversions